6 Ocak 2016 Çarşamba

Reflection Task 2A

Title: Why It Makes More Sense Than You Know To Learn a Second Language

Author: Dan Roitman

 As I am a “Foreign Language” student myself, I’m also a bilingual person. The points Dan Roitman mentioned were quite useful for me in some ways. Above all I enjoy learning new languages very much. It was nice to learn that a second language has so much utilities. I got happy when I read the article because I’ve been learning another languages as well. The idea on which I most agree is that it makes people have a broader global perspective. The other benefits of the second language he mentioned  were its making you improve your communication skills, sharpen your mind, boost your creavity, make smarter decisions and become a better listener. The only thing I don’t totally agree with is that thinking in our own language is not better than thinking in a foreign one because of the emotional feelings effecting us. To some extent he might be right when considered the slowness -thus thinking analytically- that a foreign language brings but to me as a whole, making important decisions does not only requires logic. I like the way the author separated advantages via numbers, it made the article easier to read. It wasn’t hard to follow the sentences because they were also funny. While he was being funny and spesific he was also giving examples and scientific proves about the topic. All in all, you’ll get  mentally healthier and also psychologically more sufficient if you acquire second language.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder